Trout and Salmon
At Blue Star Guide Service we have number of excellent fly fishing areas to pick from depending on what part of Maine you're in. Float for Rainbows, Brookies, Brown Trout and Salmon in the Upper Androscoggin. Wade the legendary pools of Grand Lake Stream for leaping landlocked salmon. Or chase stocked brook trout in Southern Maine waters. Beginners to expert we have a trip for you!
Bass and Pike
We have world class warm water fishing for bass and northern pike. Beginner or expert, fly or spin fishing, Blue Star Guide Service can design your family and friend's trip of a lifetime. We have three "Base Camps" to pick from depending on what part of Maine you're staying in. Lower Androscoggin River/ Freeport area, Belgrade Lakes Region and world famous Grand Lake Stream / Downeast region.
Full Day Float or Wade $400
8 hours of fishing
One or Two Anglers
shore lunch, beverages, snacks & all fishing gear included
Half Day Float or Wade $300
4 hours of fishing
One or Two Anglers
snacks, beverages and all fishing gear included
Gearing up for your trip
THINGS YOU NEED TO BRING
- Hat with a brim
- Sunglasses (preferably polarized)
- Maine Fishing License (May be purchased in Maine when you’re here or online here. )
- Sandals, water shoes, or sneakers that can get wet – In the summer we rarely use waders
- A warm layer or two – Such as a fleece or jacket. Even in summer it can be chilly in the mornings.
- Rain Gear – We have extras if you don’t have your own
- Waders – These are recommended but not necessary to bring, we can provide them if you give us your size.
- Warm Layers – Check the weather and then prepare for much colder temperatures; you can’t wear it if you don’t bring it. Fleeces, long underwear, warm socks, warm hat, warm gloves – An old Maine saying “if you don’t like the weather, wait a minute and it will change”